Like most learning management systems, Google Classroom allows you to easily choose a theme. There is also the option to upload a photo of your own.
Because it so easy to click on one of many themes provided by Google Classroom, this option is largely overlooked. However, by using a image editing program such as Google Drawings, you can creatively use this space to communicate information to your students.
Step by Step
1. Open up Google Drawings
2. Go to File>Page Setup and choose the following settings.
3. Use the paint and text tools to create a custom header.
4. Go to File>Download and choose .PNG as the format.
5. Open Google Classroom and click the Upload photo option.
Here is an example of a custom header the communicates class information.
Not only is this another way to communicate important information to students, but with a little thought and creativity this can become a fun way to get students excited about logging in to Google Classroom.
- Project reminders
- Reminders to bring in forms
- Student birthdays
- Student of the month or other honors
If you have any creative ideas on how you might use the header in Google Classroom, please share them in the comments section.
Have a great weekend!