We recently met with the Representative from Prodigy Math for a demonstration and we would love to share this great FREE tool for you to use with your students.
Prodigy is an interactive world of math games and levels for students to practice math skills it is aligned with the common core and will track their progress. We know you have iready and investigations/CMP3 but we thought you might like to have another fun place for your students to continue their learning.
Here is how it works.
1. Create a Free Teacher Account (they promised it will always be free for teachers)
If you want us to create all the teachers in your building an account, please send a list of names and emails to Amy Stanley and we will create them an account from an upload.
2. Once signed in you will be able to create a class - students can join your class with a code much like they do with Google Classroom, so getting them started is a snap.
3. Once you have a class set up you can create a plan for the whole class or an assignment which can be individualized.
4. To create a plan you will select the overarching objectives you would like the students to be working with and then set dates for those topics to be the focus of their game.
5. To create an assignment you will select drilled down skills that you want them to focus on and you can assign to 1 or more students in your class, on the calendar you will pick the due date for the assignments completion.
6. Once students have worked in the game a bit you can use the calendar where you scheduled their topics to also see reports on their activity. Those allowing you to see where they need to go next in order to continue to grow in their skills.
Reports can also be accessed through the Reports Menu
If you need additional support or information about how to use the site they have a great Help section at the bottom of the dashboard with tutorials and tips.
Happy Wednesday! Hope you enjoy Prodigy!